A powerful graphical representation of the exon structure shows a few measurements. A current global coordinate of the cursor line is displayed along with the corresponding nucleotide or amino acid. A number of metrics are shown with arrows explaining the meaning of each measurement. In the picture above:
- the distance (95) from the beginning of the current exon
- the size (521) of spliced sequence from the beginning of the CDS
- the size (862) of spliced sequence from the beginning of the transcript
- the size (1288) of the unspliced sequence from the beginning of the transcript
- the size (180) of the selected portion of the spliced sequence
- the size (271) of the selected portion of the unspliced sequence
Please note the coordinate of the selection start shown below the selection, as well as the selected exon length and the residual of its division by 3.
The sequence corresponding to the selection is also highlighted. This is especially useful if you want to see which amino acids are encoded by a particular exon. The keyboard shortcuts are active: please try to navigate using left/right arrows in combination with Ctrl or Shift keys.